- Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Published on: 24/04/2019
Any Order and subsequent purchase of Goods (as defined below) or services from SURESPECS shall be governed by the following Terms and Conditions. Please read them carefully. Should you require these in a different format, font or size please let us know either by contacting us in writing, by telephone or in email as below. We shall also be happy to read these through with you if required, please let us know prior to provision of product/service. These Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
“SURESPECS” is trading on the internet at www.surespecs.co.uk and on the telephone at 0800 954 9105. Our postal address is SURESPECS, Unit D, Deacons House, Deacons Boatyard, Bridge Road, Bursledon, Southampton, Hants, SO31 8AZ. “We” / “Us” / “Our” refers to SURESPECS, “You” / “Yours” refers to the Customer. UK company number: 10921745. Registered office: SureSpecs Ltd, Old Town Court, 10-14 High Street, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN1 3EP.
1. Customer Obligations
By submitting your order to SURESPECS you confirm:
- You are aged 16 or over and are not registered blind or partially sighted;
- You are in possession of a written prescription for your spectacles that has been given to you by a suitably qualified person in the last 24 months (or 12 months if you are aged 70 or over); and
- You will supply accurate details of your current prescription (including any notes on the prescription) when requested.
2. Orders for Goods (see section 7 for Home Measurement Service)
- Orders to SURESPECS must be submitted either via the web at www.surespecs.co.uk or by telephone on 0800 954 9105.
- Submission of an Order represents an offer to purchase Goods from SURESPECS, and we may confirm receipt of this offer via email.
- Prescription Glasses orders are only accepted by us once your payment has been processed and they have been reviewed and authorised by a Dispensing Optician. In the case of the non-prescription goods and the Home Measurement Service, your Order is accepted once the required payment has been accepted. We will confirm acceptance of your Order via email or verbally.
- We currently only accept orders from within mainland Great Britain.
3. Limitations of Supply
- We will make a reasonable effort to ensure that all Orders are fulfilled however, we cannot guarantee the availability of Goods. If the Goods you have ordered are unavailable, we will attempt to contact you to give you a choice to receive an alternative or a refund. If we are unable to contact you, your Order will be cancelled, and you will be given a full refund.
- On the advice of our Dispensing Opticians, we have absolute discretion as to whether or not to accept your Order.
- If considered necessary or appropriate before an Order is accepted, SURESPECS’ Dispensing Opticians have absolute discretion to :-
- in exceptional circumstances arrange a free face-to-face consultation with customers;
- request that you send us a copy of your written prescription;
- contact directly, or request that you contact, the Optician who provided your prescription to verify and/or discuss your prescription;
- request that you obtain a new written prescription from your Optician.
4. Prices and Payment
- Prices stated are inclusive of any Value Added Tax (VAT) that may be required to be remitted to tax authorities by SURESPECS.
- The full payment due for any Order will be the total listed in your basket once all options have been chosen. This must be paid in full before the order is confirmed.
5. Delivery and Carriage
- Your glasses will usually be posted within 7 days of your order. You will be emailed when your glasses have been dispatched. More complex prescriptions may take longer including varifocals, we usually aim to post these within 14 days of order. If you haven’t received an email within this time, please call us on 0800-954-9105 and we will check your order status. You will be notified by email at the time your Goods are dispatched.
- Delivery of the Goods will be made to the address provided by you at the time you place your Order.
- If your Goods are not delivered safely within a reasonable number of days of you receiving notification of dispatch, you should contact us. Customers should promptly inspect goods delivered to them to satisfy themselves that any goods delivered to them are as expected.
- In the case of non-delivery, if either SURESPECS or our courier is at fault, you will be offered the choice of a full refund or re-delivery.
- All Orders are posted using Royal Mail.
6. Returns (of Goods)
- You can return your glasses for a refund or exchange if you are unhappy with them for any reason providing that you:
- Let us know within 14 days after you have received them in the post, that you intend to return them. They must be returned to us within 30 days of receipt – please post them to :-
Old Town Court
10-14 High Street
- If you post your parcel, we recommend you obtain proof of purchase from the Post Office as we are unable to take responsibility for packages lost in the post.
- You will need to include the returns authorisation form (which can be downloaded – or we can post to you) within your package.
- Returns must be in their original condition along with all accessories included in your package e.g. case and cleaning cloth.
- You can call us on 0800-954-9105 for any further advice.
7. Home Measurement Service
- If you are unable to source required measurements for your Order (e.g. inter-pupillary distance or when ordering varifocals) you may request/we may need to organise a home visit to obtain these measurements prior to accepting/confirming your Order.
- The Home Measurement Service is available to GB residents only and is not offered to any addresses outside the UK.
- We shall contact you using your provided contact information to arrange a convenient appointment.
- Upon obtaining these measurements and after processing payment we shall confirm your Order.
8. Copyright and Trademarks
- The Site’s design, names, text, images, graphics, logo are all owned by, or licensed to, SURESPECS. They may not be reproduced for any commercial or public purpose without the expressed consent of SURESPECS.
- The “SURESPECS” name or any other registered or unregistered trademarks displayed on the Site may not be used without the prior consent of SURESPECS.
9. Your Right to Cancel
- Under the United Kingdom’s Distance Selling Regulations, you have the right to cancel the contract for the purchase at any point from the time of ordering until 14 days after delivery for any reason. If we’ve already shipped your order, you will need to package the items and send them back to us.
- SURESPECS is not liable for the cost of return unless the Order is faulty. If faulty please contact us first so that we may register the fault and organise the repair/replacement or refund. In the event of refund provide a copy of postage receipt for credit.